CIMB - UKM MANGROVE CONSERVATION INITIATIVE IN KUALA SELANGOR NATURE PARK
We would like to invite members of the media to the launch of CIMB - UKM Mangrove Conservation Initiative in Kuala Selangor Nature Park.
In partnership with Institute for Environment and Development (LESTARI) of Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, this initiative is an integrated Environmental and Corporate Social Responsibility programme supporting impactful education, research and conservation efforts dedicated to the protection of mangroves in sustaining the environment and enhancing the livelihoods of the communities.
Event details are as follows:
Day/Date: Sunday 19 June 2022
Time: 7.30 am – 1.00 pm (Media Q&A session to be held at 9.45am)
Venue: Kuala Selangor Nature Park
45000 Kuala Selangor
7.30 am: Arrival of Participants & Guests
8.30 am: Opening remarks by emcee
- Speech by Dr. Ahmad Aldrie Amir, Head of Research Centre for Environment, Economic and Social of Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia and the Head of The CIMB - UKM Mangrove Conservation Initiative
- Speech by Prof. Dato' Dr. Wan Kamal Mujani, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research and Innovation) of Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Speech by Rafe Haneef, CEO of CIMB Foundation
- Launch of CIMB - UKM Mangrove Conservation Initiative
- Presentation of mementos
9.15 am: Briefing by Maichal Isthyben Sawaminathan, Head of Kuala Selangor Nature Park (KSNP) on planting of mangrove seedlings
9.45 am: Adjourn to mangrove planting site for the planting activity
- Media Q&A session
12.00 pm: Lunch
1.00 pm: Event adjourns
Kindly RSVP via e-mail by Friday, 17 June 2022 (10am) with the following details:
1) Name of journalist(s)
3) Mobile number
4) Email address
1. Items required to bring for planting activity:
- Wellington boots sizes 5-10 (UK size) will be provided. However, participants are advised to bring their own boots especially for shoe size 4 and below and size 10 and above. Rubber boots and/or aqua shoes are recommended as they are suitable for muddy areas.
- Please bring your own drinking water bottle for the activity. For convenience, drinking water stations will be set up at a nearby location.
- Please bring your own sunscreen/insect repellent for protection.
- Please wear appropriate attire for the planting activities.
2. An open space area located near the event building is available for parking.
3. As there may be monkeys within the surrounding area, all participants are cautioned to keep your personal belongings safe.
4. Please ensure your food and other personal items are stored safely inside your backpacks and are carried with you at all times throughout the day.
We look forward to welcoming members of the media to our event.
You are cordially invited to send a reporter and photographer/cameraman to cover the event.
SOURCE: CIMB Group
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND RSVP, PLEASE CONTACT:
Name: George Wong
Tel: +60 12-385 2098