TOKYO, June 16, 2022 /Kyodo JBN-AsiaNet/ --
Nippon Express Holdings, Inc. has established NX Global Ocean Network Pte. Ltd. (hereinafter abbreviated as "NGO") in Singapore with the aim of strengthening its ocean freight-forwarding business. The new company opened for business on Monday, May 23.
Photo: Takahisa Tanaka / Managing Director / NGOhttps://kyodonewsprwire.jp/prwfile/release/
The NX Group has positioned forwarding as one of its core businesses in the "NX Group Management Plan 2023 - Dynamic Growth" and has accordingly been working to expand its handling of ocean cargo as the base cargo for its forwarding business.
In 2020, Nippon Express set up a Global NVOCC (*) Center ("GNC") in Japan to select shipping companies, centralize purchasing, develop price-competitive NVOCC products, and improve and support services. To further enhance these functions and expand cargo-handling capabilities, the GNC's functions were transferred to multicultural Singapore, home to a diverse pool of human resources skilled in ocean freight operations, and the new company NGO opened for business on May 23.
(*) NVOCC: Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier
- Name of new company: NX Global Ocean Network Pte. Ltd. (Abbreviation: NGO)
- Address: 5C Toh Guan Road East, Singapore 608828
- Representative: Takahisa Tanaka
- Business description: Shipping company selection/centralized purchasing, NVOCC ocean freight product planning, sales and provision of services to Group subsidiaries
- Capital: S$6,250,000
- Established: January 24, 2022
- Start of operations: May 23, 2022
- Capital structure: Wholly owned by Nippon Express Holdings, Inc.
Having reinforced its business infrastructure by founding this new company in Singapore, the NX Group will continue striving to expand its ocean freight-forwarding business by providing high-quality international ocean freight services.
Nippon Express website: https://www.nipponexpress.com/
NX Group's official LinkedIn account:https://www.linkedin.com/company/nippon-express-group/ Source: Nippon Express Holdings, Inc.